Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KKF), conference and exhibition centre
The venue for SURIMEP in December 2021, will be the Chamber of Commerce and Industry ( KKF), conference and exhibition centre. It features a vast amount of space, suitable for over 1000 m2 net of indoor exhibition space and over 5,000 m2 net of outdoor exhibition space. The venue is located at Prof W.J.A Kernkampweg 37, Paramaribo, Suriname
COUNTRIES THAT DO NOT NEED A VISA TO ENTER SURINAME
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica for holders of diplomatic and official passports only
- Colombia for holders of diplomatic and official passports only
- Cuba for holders of diplomatic and official passports only
- Hong Kong
- Netherlands Antilles
- South Korea
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Venezuela for holders of diplomatic and official passports only
COUNTRIES THAT CAN OBTAIN A BUSINESS VISA ON ARRIVAL IN PARAMARIBO
Nationals of the following countries, can receive a business visa on arrival in Suriname, however please note that you will have to inform us that you are going through this procedure, as we will need to get a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to allow you to travel. You will need to pay $60 USD on arrival and bring a passport photo with you.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Please note that in order to apply for your visa to Suriname you need to apply at your closest, Embassy or Consulate providing the following:
- Valid Passport must be submitted. Passport must be signed and valid for 6 months from the date of intended travel
- Copy of itinerary and/or round trip ticket
- One completed Application form
- Business Letter for business visa ( we will provide a letter for this purpose)
- One (1) recent passport photo
Please note that you can find a list of Suriname’s foreign embassies and consulates by going to this website .
Please note that the following airlines fly to Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport, which is located approximately 45 km from the centre of Paramaribo, the drive is about 45 minutes. Paramaribo is served by the following airlines: Surinam Airlines, KLM, Caribbean Airlines.
What voltage is used?
If you are taking any electronic items to Suriname the voltage requirement is 127 volts
What plug adapter should I bring?
Two pronged plug as used in many European countries
What time zone is Suriname in?
Suriname Standard Time operates on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) -3
Can I drink the water in Suriname?
Tap water is safe to drink in Paramaribo
What currency do they use in Suriname?
The Surinamese dollar is national currency.
1 USD$ = 7.43 SRD
1 EURO = 8.76 SRD
1 GBP = 9.65 SRD
US Dollars and Euros are easy to change. At the same time, Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted. There are also a multitude of cash points available.